We're looking for additional Pet Care Specialists to join our team.
Pet Sitters make multiple visits a day (morning, afternoon and evening), 7 days a week to our clients' homes to care for their pets.
- Driving between clients
- Lots of TLC
- Dog Walking
- Feeding and watering
- Cleaning pet bowls
- Picking up pet waste or cleaning up messes
- Scooping litter boxes/poop scooping
- Administering medication
- Watering plants
- Bringing in mail/newspapers
- Rotating lights and blinds
- Key Management
- Overnight stays in client homes
- Boarding in your own home (Preferred)
If interested in working with our company and you can answer YES to the following:
- Over 19
- People/Pet orientated
- Detail oriented
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends & holidays
- Experienced with a variety of animals other than your own
- Experience providing medical care (RVT/VA qualification is a huge asset)
- Are dedicated and committed to caring for animals
- Is reliable, honest, can work on their own and has great communications skills
- Own a reliable car with valid driver’s license and insurance
- Uses a smart phone with data plan
- Has a clear criminal record check
- Can care for all sizes/breeds of dogs and has knowledge outside of your own pets
- Lives within Ottawa City Limits and willing to travel in different areas of Ottawa
- Meet the physical requirements to do all elements of the job
- Can work outside in all types of weather
Please fill out the job application below or email us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please outline your experience and why you would be an ideal candidate for this position. Please include your ideal driving area.
No phone calls please. We will contact you if we feel that you will be a good fit.
Please note that this is not a summer or hobbyist job. This is a permanent part time/casual independent contractor position, meaning that you are responsible for your expenses and do not receive EI, CPP or vacation pay. You are paid a commission rate per visit. Additional hours are expected at holiday times and as we continue to grow.
The chosen team member will be required to obtain Pet First Aid certification, and submit references as well as a criminal background check.